Saint Peter's Farndon

St Peter's Farndon

Saint Peter's Farndon

Saint Peter's Farndon

St. Peter's Church
Church Street

For Baptisms, Weddings, and Confession please contact the Vicar.

The ancient dedication of Farndon Church was to Saints Peter and Paul, which is why the joint symbol appears on some items such as Alter frontals and pulpit falls..

The Saxon north door


The present church stands on the site of a much earlier church as shown by the Saxon doorway which is now part of the north wall. As well as the 12th century south arcading and tower.

The Rood Screen
The font cover


The church has been largely restored over the years. A lot of the work being done by the Venerable Brough Maltby who was vicar from 1864 - 1894. His restoration work included adding the north aisle, Lady Chapel, vestry and widening the Chancel. He also replaced the box pews with chairs, the adding of a chancel screen and font cover, as well as many other ornaments.

The Lady Chapel Window


Brough Maltby was also responsible for the stained glass windows in the chancel in memory of his first wife, while his daughter , Mary, raised the money for the Lady Chapel window. These windows are by Tute who was a student of Kemp.

Archaeological work is examining the land adjoining the church yard. This could be ther site of an old vicarage or church house.

move your cursor over the picture to view its title.

The Sanctuary
The High Altar
The Nave Altar
The Fontr
The Reredos in the Lady Chapel
The Lady Chapel
Powered by Drupal